Recordings of the breakout sessions from the Extension Council Conference on March 5, 2022, in Ames are now available on the IECA website. "The recordings aren’t the fanciest, however we wanted to capture the content as efficiently and inexpensively as possible," said IECA Executive Director Jennifer Vit. "We hope to see more council members attend future trainings to learn new skills and tap into available resources."
Along with the recordings, council members can also find the presentation slides and handouts shared during the breakout sessions.
Breakout session titles captured in the videos include:
- Conducting Public Council Meetings
- Creating a Positive Work Environment
- Creating Powerful County Partnerships for 4-H Success
- Efficient, Effective, & Engaging Council Meetings
- Getting the Word Out
- Governance vs. Supervision
- Hiring, Firing, and Managing Staff - Advice from a Panel
- How Can MyData Help Councils Program Plan, Set Goals, and Evaluate
- Insurance and Risk...What’s a County to Do?
- Is this Legal?
- Lessons Learned: County Audits and Financial Controls
- Making Connections with Iowans through Human Sciences
- Making Extension Better: Engaging Diversity to Help Serve All Iowans
- Using Technology in Meetings