General Background Screening Information
- Background Screening Process | Outlines why we conduct background screenings, defines who needs to be screened, and lays out the process for the screenings.
- County Operations for Processing Screenings | Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to entering a screening request
- Volunteer Driving Records Checks Not Covered by First Advantage | A compiled list of the forms be used to conduct a driving record check for each of nineteen states that are not available through First Advantage's volunteer screening
- Taking Adverse Action in Response to a Background Screen | When the results of a background screen indicate that a candidate can not be hired or approved as a volunteer, there are very specific steps that must be taken within a required timeframe. This document outlines those steps and includes pre-adverse action and adverse action letter samples.
- Applying First Advantage Background Screening (FABS) Reports to the Selection Process | FAQ related to using the screening report in the applicant selection process
- Decision Making Guidelines Matrix | Outlines actions to take when reports include green, yellow, and red flags
- Social Security Verification Guide | Outlines various reasons for a yellow flag on the Social Secruity Verification screen
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act | Required to provide to a potential volunteer or employee when taking adverse action as a result of a background screening.
- Out-of-State Screening Fees | Lists fees by state and county for records checks outside of Iowa (Excel file), Updated 10/2020
- Global Screening Fees | Lists fees by country for records checks outside of the U.S. (PDF file)
- Using Tort Liability Funds to Pay for Background Screening | Opinion from Whitfield and Eddy, LLC regarding the appropriateness using tort liability funds for this expense.