General Background Screening Information
- Background Screening Process | Outlines why we conduct background screenings, defines who needs to be screened, and lays out the process for the screenings.
- County Operations for Processing Screenings | Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to entering a screening request (revised 7/7/22)
- Volunteer Driving Records Checks Not Covered by First Advantage | A compiled list of the forms be used to conduct a driving record check for each of nineteen states that are not available through First Advantage's volunteer screening
- Taking Adverse Action in Response to a Background Screen | When the results of a background screen indicate that a candidate can not be hired or approved as a volunteer, there are very specific steps that must be taken within a required timeframe. This document outlines those steps and includes pre-adverse action and adverse action letter samples.
- Applying First Advantage Background Screening (FABS) Reports to the Selection Process | FAQ related to using the screening report in the applicant selection process
- Decision Making Guidelines Matrix | Outlines actions to take when reports include green, yellow, and red flags
- Social Security Verification Guide | Outlines various reasons for a yellow flag on the Social Security Verification screen
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act | Required to provide to a potential volunteer or employee when taking adverse action as a result of a background screening.
- Source Access Fees | Lists fees by state and county for records checks where the local agency/court charges an access fee to search the records (Excel file), Updated 11/2021
- Global Screening Fees | Lists fees by country for records checks outside of the U.S. (PDF file)
- Using Tort Liability Funds to Pay for Background Screening | Opinion from Whitfield and Eddy, LLC regarding the appropriateness using tort liability funds for this expense.
There are multiple options for technical assistance. We recommend trying to use First Advantage tech support if the issue is related to the use of the First Advantage platform or if you have billing questions.
- Call 800-888-5773
- Email First Advantage
- Live chat can be accessed from your First Advantage home screen menu
- Our Background Screening Training Library has several resources that can be helpful
If you still can't resolve your issue, contact IECA Program Assistant Julie Baumler, 515-294-8475.