Check back regularly for updates or check your Extension Council Update e-newsletter for opportunities.
- August 31, 2022, 6:00 PM | What Every Council Needs to Know About 4-H Part I: Community Clubs, Jen Hargrove, Iowa 4-H | Details will be provided closer to the event
- Date TBD – What Every Council Needs to Know about 4-H Part II: K-12 Outreach
Extension Council Conference 2022: Meaningful Connections
Recordings, presentation slides and handouts from the breakout sessions of the 2022 Extension Council conference are available at the Extension Council Conference 2022 page.
- 3-Minute Videos | Contains videos for council member training on various topics
- Extension Council Conference 2021 | Recordings of all breakout sessions from the 2021 conference
- Civil Rights Training Materials | Professional development for county staff and councils regarding requirements to comply with federal Civil Rights regulations.
Single Topic Videos & Webinars
- Behavior & Rule Management for Fairs and Events | Explains Positive Youth Development guidelines to aid county extension staff and extension councils in navigating possible behavior and rule infractions as they pertain to fairs and events.
- Carryover Projection & Usage | Instructs how councils can use a carryover analysis to do year-end financial planning. Presentation slides: Power Point | PDF
- Council Meetings | Margaret E. Johnson, JD, Deputy Director of the Iowa Public Information Board explains the importance of Iowa Sunshine Laws pertaining to extension councils.
- Custodian of Public Records - | Kay Osvig, Whitfield & Eddy Law, provides training for custodians of public records to fulfill open records requests. View the Powerpoint slides
- Divorce, Custody, and Family Law Issues - please contact IECA if you would like to view this webinar and/or the accompanying resources
- Extension Council Fiduciary Responsibilities | State of Iowa Auditor Rob Sand and citizens of Iowa explain fiduciary responsibilities of our elected extension council members.
- Serving All Iowans | Presentation and discussion about diversity, equity, and inclusion in our councils and our programs
Training Documents & Written Resources
- Extension Council Learning Modules | Appendix 6 of the Extension Council Reference Manual contains several modules on various topics
- Extension Council Member Roles and Responsibilities | Outlines roles and responsibilities of councils and individual members
- Professional Development Newsletter | Includes training opportunities for staff and council members