Extension Council Conference 2023
Check back regularly for updates or check your Extension Council Update e-newsletter for opportunities.
- Fiscal Workshop for Council Treasurers and Chairs: various dates from Feb. 21 - April, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- 3-Minute Videos | Contains videos for council member training on various topics
- Extension Council Conference 2022 | Recordings of all breakout sessions from the 2022 conference
- Extension Council Conference 2021 | Recordings of all breakout sessions from the 2021 conference
Single Topic Videos & Webinars
- Best Practices for Personnel Committees and Personnel Records - please contact IECA if you would like to view this webinar
- Behavior & Rule Management for Fairs and Events | Explains Positive Youth Development guidelines to aid county extension staff and extension councils in navigating possible behavior and rule infractions as they pertain to fairs and events.
- Carryover Projection & Usage | Instructs how councils can use a carryover analysis to do year-end financial planning. Presentation slides: Power Point | PDF
- Clarifying Discrimination Complaint Questions | Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisor Regenea Hurte and HR Partner Ruth Appleton share some insights on what discrimination is and looks like, the process for reporting concerns, and some available resources to help staff navigate those concerns. From the September 12, 2022 Second Monday Live for Extension and Outreach staff
- Council Meetings | Margaret E. Johnson, JD, Deputy Director of the Iowa Public Information Board explains the importance of Iowa Sunshine Laws pertaining to extension councils.
- Custodian of Public Records | Kay Osvig, Whitfield & Eddy Law, provides training for custodians of public records to fulfill open records requests. View the Powerpoint slides
- Divorce, Custody, and Family Law Issues - please contact IECA if you would like to view this webinar and/or the accompanying resources
- Extension Council Fiduciary Responsibilities | State of Iowa Auditor Rob Sand and citizens of Iowa explain fiduciary responsibilities of our elected extension council members.
- Serving All Iowans | Presentation and discussion about diversity, equity, and inclusion in our councils and our programs
- The Next Step in Civil Rights: Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity | Insight on how being culturally aware and sensitive helps Extension Districts continue to move forward in meeting our vision and mission goal of Serving All Iowans. View the PowerPoint slides
- What Every Council Needs to Know About 4-H | Two-part series highlighting information about community clubs and K-12 4-H programs. Video plus accompanying resources
Training Documents & Written Resources
- Extension Council Learning Modules | Appendix 6 of the Extension Council Reference Manual contains several modules on various topics
- Extension Council Member Roles and Responsibilities | Outlines roles and responsibilities of councils and individual members
- Professional Development Newsletter | Includes training opportunities for staff and council members