1. Are there a minimum number of counties that need to enroll in the EAP for this program to be offered?
There are no minimum number of counties or employees necessary to provide the program. All counties enrolling in the benefit will be able to utilize the benefit.
2. Is the benefit available to both part-time and full-time employees? Do I have to enroll all of my county’s employees or can I just enroll some of them (ex. full-time employees only)?
Yes. The $21 annual rate per employee applies to either full-time or part-time employees. Counties may select which employees they enroll and are not required to enroll all employees. However, IECA would encourage you to provide to benefit equitably to all of your county's employees since this is an inexpensive way to provide a valuable benefit to all employees.
3. What do we do if we add an employee or an employee resigns?
An annual "census" will occur to allow counties to make updates to their enrolled employees. Adding or deleting the number of employees is done at that time. Essentially, a county is paying per position, rather than for the individual him or herself. Therefore, there is no need to notify IECA or Employee & Family Resources of any changes in between the census dates.
4. Can we add employees after the initial enrollment deadline?
Yes, see above. New employees will need to be included in the adjusted count taken at the next census after they are hired.
5. How does the billing work?
Counties will pay IECA $21 per employee per year. IECA will write one check for the total amount annually. Each county which enrolled in the program last year should have received a bill from IECA in early December that is due on February 1.
Counties which did not enroll in EAP last year should contact IECA Executive Director, Terry Maloy, by January 31, 2018 with the number of employees they wish to cover. You will be sent an invoice due on February 15 after we receive your headcount.
If your county needs a duplicate bill, please contact IECA Executive Assistant Julie Baumler.
6. What is the coverage period for the EAP benefits?
The EAP coverage period is from February 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019.