Fiscal workshop for Council Treasurers and Chairs
After a several year hiatus, the Iowa Extension Council Association, in conjunction with County Services, is delighted to be able to again offer an in-person in-depth financial workshop for all council treasurers and chairpersons. This hands-on workshop will help participants understand the financial role of a council member, decipher the various fiscal reports, identify financial health of an extension district, and be able to determine what’s missing or not adding up based on what you see of the county’s finances. The evening will begin with a quick working meal at 5:30pm and will conclude at 8:30pm.
- Mar 1, 2023; 5:30-8:30pm – Cherokee County Extension and Outreach in Cherokee
- March 29, 2023; 5:30-8:30pm – Wright County Extension and Outreach in Clarion
- April 5, 2023; 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. – Buchanan County Extension and Outreach in Independence
- Feb 21, 2023; 5:30-8:30pm – Marion County Extension and Outreach in Knoxville
- Feb 27, 2023; 5:30-8:30pm – Cass County Extension and Outreach in Atlantic
- Feb 28, 2023; 5:30-8:30pm – Washington County Extension and Outreach in Washington
Any council member can attend, but it is especially important that treasurers and council chairs attend. There is no fee for the workshop, but registration is requested. Please register at least one week prior to your selected workshop.
Special thanks extended to our presenters who will take part in teaching the workshop: Bryan Whaley, Michelle Sackville, Andrea Nelson, Rich Wrage, and Katharinna Bain. Many others are part of the team creating the content and their expertise is also appreciated.