Iowa Legislative Insider
The Iowa Extension Council Association Board of Directors would like to invite all extension council members, extension supporters and senior-level 4-H members to our annual legislative day on Wednesday, February 9.
IECA and 4-H Legislative Day is an opportunity for participants to learn and experience the legislative process. 4-H and extension council members will meet with legislators, hear from elected officials, network with one another and participate in workshops about youth rights, civil discourse, and youth-adult partnerships.
- Open to county extension council members, 4-H members in grades 8-12 and Extension supporters.
- Extension council members will serve as volunteer mentors for participating 4-H members.
- Lunch will be provided for those who pre-register
- 9:00 a.m. - Registration at the Wallace Building
- 9:30 a.m. - Legislative update and conversations with student legislative pages
- 10:30 a.m. - Visit with legislators at the Capitol
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. – Depart for afternoon sessions at the Botanical Garden Center
- 1:00-2:35 p.m.- Workshops (rotate through all three): Youth Rights, Civil Discourse, Youth-Adult Partnerships
- 2:35-2:40pm- Rotate to auditorium as large group
- 2:45-3:00pm- Capstone and head home!